Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lush Coconut Cream





























Why?

As of a few weeks ago I finally took a step towards a long-held dream of mine, which I had not been brave enough to commit to before... I can now proudly say - I am vegetarian!

I never used to eat much meat anyway for various reasons... but now I am really happy I've made the decision to finally do this. I feel that not only will it greatly benefit my health, immediately and long-term, but also that my 'two-cents' will benefit the environment. I despise animal suffering and if I can assist in some small way then I feel better for it. I know that as many other people continue to turn to vegetarian food, that together we all could achieve something great for our planet! :)

As a result of my decisive foray into vegetarian cuisine, I have also become very interested in vegan recipes. I could never imagine how delicious food could taste without eggs, milk, butter and cheese. But recently I devoured the most amazing vegan desserts (I will have to put up a post on this later!) which really inspired me to learn more about vegan food.

Vegan food, due to the lack of major ingredients, makes up for any concerns about taste in utilising lesser-known and new foods creatively. And I'm impressed!!

So I bought some juicy and wildly fresh strawberries and made this lush coconut cream to serve with them. It was light, but creamy, and full of flavour akin to dairy cream. I devoured the bowl in minutes!

How? Here's the recipe...

This recipe is a must to try!

I found a step-by-step tutorial on this lovely ladies blog, Oh She Glows, click here for the recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment