Thursday, November 22, 2012

Soya Cantine Bio - Review





























Who?

Soya Cantine Bio.

A remarkable vegan restaurant. Unquestionably the best hidden secret within Paris!

Where?

20, Rue de la Pierre Levee, Paris.
Metro: Replubique.

Why?

This restaurant is the reason for my recent obsession with vegan food amidst my journey as a new vegetarian.

The menu is small, however as every item on it is so incredibly delicious and beautifully prepared that making a decision is thus far more difficult! 

My main meal (as pictured above) was the Zucchini Tart. At first sight, I was blown away by the mass of colour and texture on the plate. I was concerned that the meal looked light, but I was soon to be proved well wrong as I made my way through a very filling and hearty meal.

The tart consisted of different luscious layers... perfectly grilled zucchini, delicate and interesting sauces, a crumbly pastry base, exquisite vegan feta and a phenomenal salad with a variety of different vegetables carefully arranged.

Pièce de Résistance

The menu, in true French style, offered to combine an Entrée, a Main Course and a Dessert... at a very reasonable price. Alternatively you could also combine just a Main Course and a Dessert. With this tempting offer before me and my friends, we could not resist ordering three of the desserts and sharing them all.

These desserts were magical combinations of hazelnut, chocolate, creams of unknown-origin, fresh fruits and tofu.

I was in heaven!

Occasionally I am one of those people that will make a lot of loud sounds of over-excitement at a restaurant if I have discovered an amazing meal, much to the embarrasement or amusement of whoever I may be with. This was such an occasion. But OH MY, these desserts are well worth ooh-ing and aah-ing over!

So if you're ever in Paris - you MUST take the opportunity to visit this amazing restaurant that simply produces art on a plate!





No comments:

Post a Comment